Thursday, June 11, 2009

What makes a celebrity? And other questions to ponder...

I was flipping channels on the boob tube the other night and came across some reality tv monstrosity caught my attention somehow. I was trying to figure out exactly what this stupidity was and wondering why anyone would pay money to put it on the air in the first place, when the kid unit (aka my walking IMDB) saunters in the room and asks, as only a teenager can, "MOM, WHY are you watching THIS? Do you even KNOW who those people ARE?" And suffice it to say I did not know who most of them were, I did recognize a Baldwin though so I'm not a TOTAL waste of space on the planet, right? LOL
Which brings me to my question to ponder--
Is someone REALLY a celebrity if YOU have never heard of them? What does it take for YOU to consider someone a celebrity? Are those 'over rated' celebs really over rated or are they really pseudo-celebrity types who actually do not deserve the title? Who gets to decide if someone is a celebrity or not?
Ok...there are more than one question to ponder, but it takes more than one to fully appreciate the scope of the inquiry! LOL What do YOU think? Enquiring Minds Want To Know! LOL

Until the next wild hair,
Laine

No comments:

Who is stalking me?


Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Dragongly Symbolism

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.