Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WOW..Time Flies When You Get OLD...

Mercy Me! Where did 2009 rush off to in such a big fired-up hurry? I have heard about how your life flashes before your eyes just before you die, I hope this is no indication of how my 2010 is going to go! LOL

This time of year I like to reflect on new things I discovered, or interesting places I've been (or hope to go) or just life in general. I've come to realize that as I age the things that in my youth were of ultimate importance to me are really of no great consequence and the things I never considered to be important in my youth are really the only things that truly matter.

As a child, I was told to be nice and share and hold my temper until I got all the facts. I was having none of that! Now that I'm older, I see why that is really important and even though those are not always my first responses, I am happy to report that I tend to get there eventually--most of the time.

As a teen, the opinions of other people had about the same affect on me as water on a duck's back. My opinion was the ONLY one that mattered. To a degree, this is still the case, however I have learned to appreciate the opinions of others, even if I don't always agree with them. I have learned that just because I don't agree with another person doesn't always make either of us WRONG. It simply means we come from different places and our journeys have lead us down different paths to the same spot. Because our paths were different, so is our perception. I try to learn from the differences and if it changes my perception and my opinion, then my path is different for the rest of my journey. I just hope for nicer scenery.

Now the things that matter most to me are not always tangible. Time is very precious to me. I try not to waste so much of it on frivolous ventures that go nowhere. I try to look for the positives in every situation. Sometimes the only positive is the fact that I have moved on in my life and that situation is behind me. I try to learn from my mistakes because otherwise I will only repeat them.

I can only hope that 2010 is a great year for all of us.
My very best wishes to you and yours,
Laine

No comments:

Who is stalking me?


Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Dragongly Symbolism

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.