Thursday, September 23, 2010

New TV Season

Well the long awaited Fall TV Season is finally here! I'm really excited about some shows and others have already turned me off.
Here are my A list:
Criminal Minds--never dull, every single time I say 'this is the best episode yet' they outdo it the next week!
NCIS--my favorite show! I love Mark Harmon and the rest of the cast is wonderful. I've come to think of them as family that I actually like! LOL Great show and I hope it stays on the air for another decade!
Chuck gets an A because it's Chuck! I just love the show. Characters are fun and engaging and I love them all--just wish Ellie wasn't quite so WHINY! That makes me crazy!
Supernatural--like Chuck, it's on the A list because I love the show. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes this season, especially since it was supposed to have ended last year. Getting back to some good old-fashioned monster butt kicking will be great! And I hope we get to see the Ghost Facers this season!! I love those guys!


New shows added to my A list are a bit of a surprise to me actually. Chase, Nikita and No Ordinary Family are all shows I watched (online) with a hint of 'bet I will hate this' in the back of my mind only to be shocked and surprised when I loved the shows. Each offers something different and while I will most likely still catch episodes of them online (especially those up against my other more established A list shows) I will still watch.

My B list shows (meaning they are good and have the potential to grow on me) are The Whole Truth and Detroit 1-8-7, both those shows have a lot of promise. I enjoyed both pilots and I'll stick with them as long as they continue on the same route. Detour too much and I might stop watching.

Honorable mention goes to The Event and Undercovers. These shows still haven't proven they are 'don't miss' worthy, but I haven't written them off completely yet. The Event has one thing going for it--Blair Underwood. But the fact the network is touting it as 'if Lost and 24 had a baby, it would be The Event' is enough to make me cringe. The pilot left me feeling just like Lost did--with more questions than answers and a little bit duped by the hype. I'll give it ONE more episode. If it isn't a lot better than the pilot, then I'm afraid even my love for Blair Underwood will not be enough to keep me watching.
Undercovers is a fairly decent show. The characters are engaging and I do love Gerald McRaney. I liked it for the same reasons I like Chuck. This one has me interested. As long as they stay on track, I'll keep watching, but if I miss an episode here or there, I won't be too upset over it.

Shows that got lower scores are Hawaii-50. This one had me saying 'give me a break' and 'OMG!" over and over again. It is so far from the original series as to be a slap in the face to anyone who remembers loving it. If you can't IMPROVE on a classic, don't try. But when you try and fail this miserably, at least have the decency to cank it before you let folks see how badly you screwed the pooch! Those too young to remember the original and those who like to see things blown up and cars running through buildings might watch this one and if there are enough of those, this one may be on the air longer than I would like, but it will go on without me. While I disliked most of it, I didn't dislike ALL of it. There were some funny one-liners--not enough to get me to waste another hour of my life on this show, but enough to keep it off the FAIL list. I give it a D.

Raising Hope gets the first official F List nod. This one was so bad, I turned it off after 6 minutes. The jokes are juvenile and only fans of Jackass and Borat could possibly be impressed by them. As I said, 6 minutes and that was as much as I could stand. Definitely an F- in my book!

Some other shows I'm still anxious to see this season are MEDIUM and FRINGE. I've enjoyed the last couple seasons of both and do not expect this season to change that opinion much at all.

So how about YOU? What grades are you giving this season's line up? Have any new favorites? I'll update my list as the season wears on. Some may be added to the list, others may fall off of it. Only time will tell for sure.

Until next time folks,

Laine

No comments:

Who is stalking me?


Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Dragongly Symbolism

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.