Monday, March 31, 2008

Here's another 'Must Read' book for your consideration: BLOOD AND BONE-Austin S. Camacho

Whenever I get a book by an author I've never read before, I'm willing to give him 15 pages to capture my attention, because, let's face it, life is short, right? I don't have time to waste on drivel.

Austin Camacho's Blood and Bone grabbed my attention on the first page, held it in a choke hold until I finished the book. It is exceptionally rare that I finish a book in one sitting, but I couldn't put this one down. The characters are engaging. The pacing is perfect. And Mr. Camacho's word choice is dead-on. He spins a mental image with his short but clear descriptions that drew me into the story and made me care about the characters. The twists were well plotted and this was just a FUN READ! I can't wait to get the rest of the series. I enjoyed this book so much; I've already started casting the movie in my head!

Thank you Mr. Camacho for a very enjoyable evening! I hope to have many more!

No comments:

Who is stalking me?


Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Dragongly Symbolism

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.