Saturday, January 3, 2009

New year...same old attitude?

I am unable to sleep tonight. No clue as to the why of that, but I was trying to come up with something productive and QUIET to do and a thought struck me (no it did not hurt, in case you were wondering).

Does the new year ever change a person's attitude? I don't think it does. It has never changed mine. Turning over a new calendar is not life altering enough to change much more than the scenery.

If the new year doesn't bring a change in attitude, what does? I think only a change in attitude can provide that. It has to come from a desire to change, not from simply waking up in a new year.

Will I change my attitude this year? I certainly hope I have a reason to feel more optimistic about life and our nation's economy and our position in the world. I'm thrilled with the way the national election turned out. I have great hopes for what President-elect Obama can bring to this nation, IF he is given the chance to do so. For the first time in a long time, I can say I support my President and feel good about it.

There may be fair seas ahead, but I fear the turmoil will come from inside the boat! I want to be proven wrong on that count. Please?

Time will tell I guess.

Wishing you and yours a very happy and prosperous 2009!

Laine...if this doesn't make any sense, just chalk it up to lack of sleep and the writer being decaffeinated.

No comments:

Who is stalking me?


Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Dragongly Symbolism

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.